No. Not that one. The other one. The really, really, really, horrible one.
Yeah. That one. You guessed it.
None of us can escape it these days it seems and so I thought maybe instead of apologizing for it or for not blogging consistently I would swing by and post something off the cuff with zero apologies for people who don’t understand and with the confidence that most of you are in the same boat and will absolutely be able to relate.
Also, because we are all very busy, I have decided that a numbered list is the most efficient way to share what it is I want to say. A list is so much easier to digest, right? (I mean BuzzFeed is practically 100% made up of listicles and BuzzFeed would never steer us wrong.)
So without further ado, I give you ~
25 Things I Have Been Busy Doing That Have Prevented Me From Blogging
(I may need to work on the name of the list. Meh. I’ll worry about that later.)
- Being consumed by the news of the world.
- Worrying about blogging.
- Worrying about not blogging.
- Eating too many carbs.
- Worrying about eating too many carbs.
- Missing lunch dates with dear friends.
- Worrying about missing lunch dates with dear friends.
- Missing coffee dates with some of my favourite people.
- Trying to find time to organize coffee dates with some of my favourite people.
- Worrying about never having coffee dates with some of my favourite people ever again.
- Trying to build a business.
- Worrying about building a business.
- Wondering who the heck I think I am that I can build a business.
- Worrying about why I don’t think I have what it takes to build a business. I do. Shut up brain!
- Working online all the time. All. The. Time.
- Worrying about working online so much.
- Not exercising.
- Not eating well.
- Forgetting to take my iron.
- Worrying about why my iron is low.
- Being tired.
- See number 19. Derp.
- Overpromising and underdelivering.
- Worrying about letting *everybody* down *all* the time.
- Flipping rapidly back and forth between ALL THE FOMO and considering hermitage as a valid lifestyle.
I have limited my list to 25 things because I know you’re busy, too. Who has time to read 26 things?!? Slackers! That’s who! (I’m considerate like that.) This list could easily have 100 things.
I have one husband and two children. A lot of my busy is for them and/or because of them. I know I’m not the only one delivering the occasional lunch to school, but waiting for nearly 30 minutes for a kid to come and fetch it might be a uniquely me experience. (This week. Grr. I was so annoyed. Totally learned a new thing, though. Apparently, High School lets out at 12:30 for lunch. Mmhm. It’s nearly the end of November, you’d think maybe someone might have mentioned that by now, but you’d be wrong.)
So, before I can think myself out of hitting publish I’m going to hit publish.
How has your Fall been? Are you also suffering from the B word?
How are you handling the news of the world?
Do you have a surefire remedy for wanting/not wanting simultaneously to do ALL the things?
Feel free to mull those questions over (and to post answers in the comment section!) while enjoying one of my favourite busy day mindworms.